Flash development evolved
Sprouts is an open-source, cross-platform project generation and configuration tool for ActionScript 2, ActionScript 3, Adobe AIR and Flex projects.
If you're interested, this process should take less than 10 minutes, even if you've never seen Ruby before!
Once you have these configured, you can install the sprout gem by opening a terminal and entering the following:
sudo gem install sprout DOS / Windows users do not enter sudo
After installing the Sprout gem, you can exercise Sprouts as follows:
sprout -n as3 SomeProject cd SomeProject rake script/generate utils.MathUtil rake testWindows users may have to run:
If you had any questions or issues during that process, please try again with our more detailed getting started guide.
Sprouts helps individuals and teams be more productive as follows:
- Generate new programming projects from a growing variety of project templates
- Easily generate classes, test cases, test suites and more
- Automatically download and install both open-source and proprietary tools such as MTASC, SWFMill, MXMLC, COMPC, AsDoc, and even the Adobe Flash Player
- Automatically download and install many popular libraries such as AsUnit, FlexUnit, PureMVC, Cairngorm, the Adobe Corelib and more
- Compile and run your SWF application with a single terminal command
- Compile and run your test harness independently of your application
- Easily include your client builds with continuous integration tools such as Cruise Control or especially CruiseControl.rb
- Get other team members up and running with an existing project by simply checking it out of version control and building it